ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Torn Paper Collage Candles


The theme for our upcoming school Winter Concert is 'light'. I try to incorporate this theme into some of my art classes. I found THIS pin on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for my Grade 3 class.

On heavy white paper, they used tempera discs and painted a yellow and orange circular pattern that would represent the candle light's cast light.


Then, on smaller white paper they painted one sheet colours for their candle, a yellow sheet for the flame and a green sheet for the wreath/greenery a the bottom of the candle.


The next class, students tore a shape for their candle, then the flame. 
Once glued down they ripped long rectangular pieces for the greenery. 


I love the simple charm about these!










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...