ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spring Trees


First graders made these adorable spring trees. They drew the grass and trees first with pencil, then colored them with oil pastels. I always encourage them to mix colors for more realism and interest. 
They used tissue paper square to scrunch up into little 'blossoms' and glued these onto their trees. 
Finally, they added any extra details with markers. Some wanted to color their skies as well.
*I added the pink "faux frames" with a photo editor :)












2 comments:

Carrie W said...

Where did you find your "print" background?

Miss said...

Hi Carrie,

I collaged a sheet of regular copy paper with photocopied book pages. Then I photocopied the collage paper to use as background paper for this project :) Just something a little different from plain white paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...