ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Plasticine Pictures


These plasticine pictures were created by a Grade 1 class. I always keep a container of plasticine around the class for kids to play with if they finish early. For this project, kids simply made a picture with plasticine- they stuck it on squares of scrap foamcore I had lying around. I have also done this on paper plates as well, though, they're not as sturdy as foamcore.

Beforehand, I like to show/read a children's book with plasticine illustrations-- my favourite is anything by Canadian author & illustrator Barbara Reid.


"Fox Walked Alone" by Barbara Reid

Here are some of the Grade 1 results: Ta da!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...